Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Congrats to Kayla and her Mom


Last month I held a contest to win a Nintendo Wii (donated by Ag Apparel) and the EA Sports Active game (donated by EA Sports Active). We received numerous inspirational stories of people who would use the prize package to help them on their journey or to help someone else. One entry really resonated with me and I'm happy to say that Kayla was the lucky winner. Here is what Kayla wrote:
I would love to win this contest for the most amazing woman I have ever met...My mother.

My mother is simply amazing. I have never met a woman who is more generous with her love and time. Her whole life, she has put the needs of others before her own. She went without many things while raising me on her own because she never wanted me to go without. She never wanted me to be affected because there wasn't a father figure in my life. This incredible woman gave so much of herself for me, and for that I am forever grateful.

Now is the time for my mother to focus on herself and her health. Her joint pain has prevented her from walking outside for exercise because it hits her so suddenly. Every time she comes down for a visit, she talks about buying a Wii and exercising in the comfort of her own home...But atlas, money doesn't grow on trees. The economy hit my mother hard, and she has been without a job for many months now. Day in and day out, she searches for a job, but like the millions of other Americans, she continues to be unemployed.

I would love for my mother to win this contest for her health and for her happiness. Getting in shape would not only boost her confidence and help her realize how beautiful she is, but it would greatly improve her health. And maybe, just maybe it would help me get that mother/daughter picture I have been asking for, but always get "I'm too fat" back as a response.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

Now Kayla (aka @Chubby_Stubby_K):

My name is Kayla and I am twenty four years old, currently on a mission to lose 125 pounds. With the love and support from my amazing mother and my wonderful Twitter/Blog Friends, I have managed to lose forty pounds and have adapted living a healthy lifestyle. I decided to blog my journey as I found that by reading blogs from other people and their weight loss journeys, it helped to not only inspire me, but keep me focused on my own journey.

The link to my blog is: http://chubbystubbykay.blogspot.com/

Kayla will keep us posted on how her mother is doing with the Wii and the game. Congratulations and we look forward to sharing her progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Tell OPRAH that you want me on her show to help spread awareness about JUVENILE ARTHRITIS!